Monday, March 8, 2010

why???

So on my first day of this challenge I walked into work determined to make it through the day without making a side trip to Lola's for a treat.  I was successful with that one but was tempted all day with a huge bucket of mini, twix, milky ways, peppermint patties and the list goes on.  I work with a very generous person who means well and likes to make sure everyone is happy.  This particular person feels that the one way to do this is bring in treats and they are always good ones.  The problem is that I have to walk by this persons desk all day long.  If I could go another way I would.  So why is it that these scrumptious little treats felt like they were staring at me all day?  Kind of like those Geico commercials with the wads of money with eyes on them that follow people around :)  

I only broke down once and had a peppermint patty, luckily they are the mini ones :)  I will have to remember to bring an extra piece of fruit to work tomorrow to try and fend off the temptation!  How did everyone else do today??

7 comments:

  1. Peppermint patties are super low-cal for a candy, so that was a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Licorice and jelly beans are also yummy and low-cal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mindy and Melissa on their treat choices. I had a hard time with some cinnamon bears that a friend just brought back from Utah but now they are gone and I won't have to worry about them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you need to put out a bowl with some healthy choices for everyone - like little boxes of raisins, or some raw nuts? Even if you get no takers, you'd have an option for yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know..I still have a box of thin mints shouting at me from the freezer...You did REALLY well...I would have devoured a bucket of Twix:) Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peppermint patties are a good choice. Small amounts of dark chocolate too, actually good for you. I am amazed you didn't eat more, not sure I would have managed passing them up. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete