Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Growling Stomach Solution . . .

Is it just me, or is everyone else's stomach a bit more rumbly since beginning the challenge?  Maybe it's my body's way of telling me that I should be hungry because normal doesn't mean feeding my face non-stop all day long.

Today when my breakfast had worn off, but lunch seemed eons away, I grabbed a favorite snack:  a peeled banana and a spoonful of peanut butter.  Healthy{ish} and somewhat desserty.  Hit the spot!

I'd love to hear some of the other fave snack ideas for this challenge.

7 comments:

  1. A bowl of oatmeal (old fashioned oats) with 2% milk, frozen wild blueberries, spoonful of sugar. Filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that all my kiddos love oatmeal. I know it's healthy, good for you and filling but after eating cooked cereal most of my childhood I told my mom I wouldn't eat it when I was a mom and that's a promise I've kept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, that's gonna be my breakfast tomorrow. Me so hungee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for the cliff bar, especially after a hard workout. But, I've also started making berry protein shakes. YUMMMY and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am loving the protein shakes for breakfast! they completely satisfy the sweet tooth and are very filling. i like luna bars but at about 180 calories you might have to cut calories elsewhere. I usually eat an apple and that seems to fill me up and mostly satisfies my obnoxious sweet tooth :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa - you gotta ditch that 2% milk for at least 1%, but should do skim . . . then you can have more of the good stuff like berries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's here it for apples!!!!
    without the caramel sauce.

    ReplyDelete