Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So my weakness has always been baked cookies. I usually bake at least every other day, and then I make sure to eat plenty of cookies. I LOVE THEM!!!
This challenge has made me more aware of what I am eating, but it also seems to make it harder to resist my urge to bake. So instead of baking, I have replaced it with sewing. It is working for now, but I am not sure how happy my husband will be when I take my third trip to the fabric store this week.
Maybe I should distract myself with exercise?

5 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm guilty of crafting so I won't eat. Is that bad? What are you sewing so you don't eat cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could bake cookies with a list of lucky recipients in mind. (True confession: I've been asking my 3.5 year old to eat a Samoa and then breath on me. As good as it gets right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think crafting instead of baking is bad at all! In fact if I was craftier, is that word, I would do the same. Or maybe this is a good time for me to learn to sew. Exercise is always a good distraction for me. Sometimes it is that motivation to exercise instead of eating the cookie is what is very difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marci! Keep the crafting going! You're so talented. Maybe just bake the cookies on the weekend, are I think sharing some of them with others so you only have a few left for yourself is spot on way to approach this kind of lifestyle into real life. It's not like you're never going to eat cookies again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I quilt and use the concept that if my husband doesn't see it, it's okay. I have fabric stashed EVERYWHERE! But, when I sew, I don't eat.... :)

    ReplyDelete