Thursday, March 11, 2010

Heavy Cream

Any sauce with heavy cream is heavenly. Any pasta dish with heavy cream sauce is delish. Quiche is almost all heavy cream. Heavy cream is also so yummy on oatmeal and in warm beverages. And it's a liquid, so it seams harmless. But it's not: 50 cal per tbsp! Last night I made rib-eye steak with a cream sauce. Needless to say, I only put one tablespoon of sauce on my fist size portion of steak. The trick for me is small amounts of what I crave, rather than get rid of it all together. It's the reward at the end of the day!
--Melissa

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, heavy cream. I've learned to replace it in most everything because so little hurts so much. Sounds like you mastered portion control last night and once again sounds SUPER YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! Nectar of the gods for me, homemade alfredo sauce w/ heavy cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can make a VERY healthy (and yes- YUMMY) substitute cream for cream sauces with buckwheat flour and soy milk. I know it sounds- ahem, experimental- but it's actually quite tasty!

    ReplyDelete