Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weakness or bad habit

My eyes have really been opened to the amount of food I put in my mouth without even a thought. I was getting my sons snack ready for school and popped about 5 Cheeze Its in my mouth, I was giving the babies Cheerios and took a small handful and ate them...Luke didn't finish his waffles, so I finished them rather than waste food, Levi left half a cup of chocolate milk so I drank it....then I sat down to eat breakfast. When did I become the garbage disposal? I realized that I do this all the time. I have to actually think about what I am doing when I prepare meals for the boys, which is difficult most days. Now that I am writing everything that goes in my mouth down on paper, the truth has hit me in the face....I eat too much and exercise too little. Well...now thats all gonna change. I had a bump in the road today because I ate lunch at a friends house and it was difficult to try to determine the calories in the soup and sandwich. I did pass on the Coke (very difficult) and dessert (even more difficult). I'm proud of myself for baby steps though and so proud of all of you amazing women...Keep it up and we can all pose for the Healthy Wife swimsuit calendar!!

5 comments:

  1. I too graze on my kids food throughout the day without even giving it a second thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen! I am so proud of you! It is so hard to turn away good food at friends houses! And a Swimsuit calendar? I've got just the shoes for you!! He he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swimsuit calendar!! Haha!
    Jen, I used to tell people I was on the only eat what my kids didn't finish diet. But no more. Now I put the salvageable leftovers away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on passing up the coke and dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, I totally know what you mean. As I looked at my kids breakfast plates with several bites of waffles on each I normally would have eaten them myself...I passed and enjoyed my own breakfast.

    I'm sure that you're friend was supportive when you passed on the coke and dessert!

    ReplyDelete