Monday, February 28, 2011

My extra challenge for the week...

I just returned from a fireside with my son. The young men in our ward have been challenged to have a missionary week, starting tomorrow.
They have goals for  every day that they get points for. One of these goals is no computer or electronics. We have decided to take this challenge on as a family... so I am letting you all know that I am still around and I am still doing the challenge but I won't be checking in this week... which is sad since I won't be able to read all of your inspiring posts;  BUT I think it's going to be a great experience for our family. If my 12 year old son and 15 year old daughter can do it, so can I! See you next week friends and good luck with this new challenge!
Wow, a whole week without the computer, I just might get some things done :)

3 comments:

  1. That would literally be impossible for me, since I use my computer in my business, and I answer business emails several times a day. So, the thought of being computer-free for a week is terrifying! But good for you! I am reminded of summers when I was a kid, taking trips up into the high mountains to visit my grandparents at their ranger cabin. It was a blast! And that was pre-cellphone era as well. Good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize you won't be on to read this, but I LOVE this idea of being technology free for a week. I waste too much time on the computer anyway. Way to go Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are going to have a terrific experience this week Jill. I'll look forward to your report. You will be missed though and so I for one, will look forward to your return. A week without computer....doable!

    ReplyDelete