Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grate food


These two Ikea cheese graters make me happy and here's why:

Today I made a little Waldorf side salad for lunch: grated 1/2 Granny Smith, cut up 4 dates, chopped up 5 walnut halves, added a teaspoon of low-fat sour cream and a 1/2 tsp of honey. It tickled my taste buds (400 calories, dates at 264!)

I also like to grate parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and potatoes. There's something about the prep time consumed in grating that makes me feel gourmet. What's more, the enjoyment of the food is extended to include the prep time.

Plus those graters were a gift from a cool cousin-in-law.

Plus we don't have an Ikea nearby.

3 comments:

  1. I use my grater pretty much for cheese. You are clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my graters also! I use them for everything. My latest grated item is fresh nutmeg! Yummy!

    Dates? really? maybe raisins....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, raisins would have been better, but I ate the dates before checking the calories. Figures something that sugary sweet would be super high in calories.

    ReplyDelete