Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baking Day


I did it.

I baked a batch of chocolate chunk cookies and managed to savor only two on baking day. Yes, it was hard. There's a special place in my brain devoted just to cookies of the chocolate chunk/chip variety. But I split the chocolatey bounty three ways: one third for a friend who lent me a high chair, one third for a dad friend who was letting my boys run around his house with his boys for 3 hours and one third for the five of us. Then to further reduce temptation, I offered my kids a cookie as a part of their otherwise healthy breakfast the day after. Only one took me up on it. Shocking, I know.

I kind of guessed on the calories in one of those babies. 180? What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for a good chocolate chip cookie! It looks like you know how to make them :) Good thinking on the giving away. You can have your share and be done. My favorite part is the cookie dough....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to take a dessert to a church social tomorrow night. I'm hoping not to bring any home....

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so yummy, but a big no no for me right now. Good idea sharing them with others, that's what I do when I make bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're about right on the calories. My regular choc chip cookies made with half butter and half shortening are 170 calories each. Choc chip oatmeal cookies made with all butter are 140. Try entering your recipe at the link Mindy put up:
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very impressed. It is hard to part with such delicious cookies! Good job! I have a hard time stopping at two, but giving them away is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a lot of calories for a cookie. I don't particularly like chocolate chip, but give me a peanut butter any day!! They probably have a few more calories too, you know, with a ton of peanut butter, sugar and plain butter.... Depressing.

    Good job on only eating two!!

    ReplyDelete