Saturday, March 20, 2010

Motivation

I'm smiling because I was motivated to start a project long overdue. And my motivation prompted my husband to embark upon a project I asked him to do (and possibly complete) before my lil' sister Samantha and his big sister Alicia arrive next week. There's nothing like an artificial deadline to put a fire under this kettle.

Motivation is a sublimely mysterious thing isn't it? Most of the time the step up to motivation is so much harder than the task at hand. Take this three week challenge, for example. Not saying it isn't hard on a day-to-day basis in some form or fashion, but to get to the point of commitment, well that only took 9 years. Ahem.

4 comments:

  1. I love it when I can get my husband to help on a project and we can accomplish so much more together. It is fun to work and share our time together. Writing it down always helps keep it the fore-front and hopefully get done more quickly. Out of sight out of mind can be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so pleasantly surprised at how I've been able to step up to this challenge. There is such power in having this group of women working towards a common goal. The desire to lose weight was my initial motivation, but as the challenge progresses it has become more about being part of a community and sharing the same trials and triumphs. Thanks, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH, can't wait to find out what that project is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's part of my three week goal and, oh yeah baby, it's totally gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete