Monday, March 7, 2011

Convictions


I was at a retreat this past weekend and one of the activities we did was called "Convictions." One by one and in fairly quick succession, the facilitator had us finish these sentences on a sheet of paper.

I am convinced that food...
I am convinced that money...
I am convinced that exercise...
I am convinced that my parents..
I am convinced that I...
I am convinced that the world...
I am convinced that God...
I am convinced that my faith...

It was a real eye-opener for me to see where my gut took me. I had the same answer for food and exercise: is essential in shaping my day to day mood.

4 comments:

  1. The two that were the same for me were parents and God: Love me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so insightful... I love your positive take on life! Very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting and quite revealing. Really gets me thinking about priorities and perspective. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great activity, I'm convinced that the women on this blog are amazing, beautiful, thoughtful and terrific!

    ReplyDelete