Saturday, July 3, 2010

Family, Country and a lot of other things.


I guess I'm a little late for the gratitude post although hopefully not too late. I have so much that I'm grateful for that it is difficult to narrow it down. Like so many of you I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. Yep that would be numero uno for sure.

Second to that though, would be my family, both the one I came from and the one I helped to create. See this picture below, well those cute crazy kiddos are my posterity, not to be confused with my posterior. This picture was taken on the second day of our family reunion at the end of the day; kiddos were tired, humidity was HIGH and the temp around 100 degrees and we were sweating like pigs. Needless to say it is difficult to get 12 kiddos ranging in age from 1 to 12 to all look adorable, smile and look at the camera at the same time. We got the adorable part and that's good enough for me. I love these kiddos and I love the kiddos that produced them. I have a miracle family and that is the TRUTH!

Double click photo to enlarge

Lastly tonight I'm grateful for my country. What a privilege it is to be a citizen of the United States of America. I'm grateful for those who have given their lives defending the freedoms that I enjoy. I pray that we will each be worthy of the sacrifice of so many, "Freedom is not Free". May each of you have a safe and Happy 4th as you celebrate America's birth and may God continue to bless this great country!





4 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture and heart felt thoughts! I love having you on this blog. You add such a wonderful dynamic to the group. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all those little faces together. You now have lots of posterity and not so much posterior....another reason to be grateful. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never too late to do a gratitude post! I love it, and though I don't have the grandkids, I love my family too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see you and the Kernal with all those cuties! I love how Owen is monkey grooming Hugo. :)

    ReplyDelete