Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chinese Chicken Salad

I wouldn't say this recipe showcases any new vegetable to my repertoire but eating raw veggies was not my strong suit.  And how tasty is ginger!!  Sorry, no picture but really, really good. 

Ingredients
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp ginger root, fresh, grated
1 pound cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup snow peas, cut in half lengthwise on a diagonal
1/2 sweet red pepper, diced
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
4 pieces lettuce (I use romain leaves)

Instructions
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, soy sauce, and ginger until blended.  Add chicken, snow peas, peppers, carrots, and green onion; toss to mix and coat.

Immediately serve salad in lettuce leaves or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.  Yields about 1 1/4 cups chicken salad and 1 lettuce leaf per serving.

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    So much to love in this recipe: freshly grated ginger, red bell pepper, snow peas and green onion, all so flavorful. I also like that you're using lettuce leaves instead of bread or crackers. Healthy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer this looks delicious and a must try for me. I think I might use more leaves and eat it like a lettuce wrap. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this sounds yummy, even if I am wary of fat free mayo. I think the ginger and soy will mask any weirdness.

    ReplyDelete