Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Extreme

I think moderation in all things is incredibly wise council. You may recall that there are about 15 people I know who either just had a baby or will be having one soon. One of them asked me if I change how I eat when I'm pregnant. She has been feeling very guilty that she hasn't changed her diet. She keeps reading all the things that might happen if she doesn't eat only good things. I told her no, I didn't change anything. Well, that's not true, I eat a little more than I did, but I'm not consuming anything differently. I'm still enjoying my sweets, fish, spinach salad, everything I ate before.

I also have a friend who has one child. Running is her life. Literally. The doctors have told her that ONE of the reasons she is unable to keep a pregnancy is because she runs too much. She also goes to the gym for two hours a day (well, not on Sundays). My point? There are many, many good and not so good things (although when a piece of cheesecake hits your tongue, it's hard to think it's a bad thing) in the world, and they all need to be taken in moderation. We need to steer clear of the extreme.

I saw this a few years ago and still think it's funny. Careful, some may find it...graphic(?), so I'm apologizing now if I offend you, not my intention.

Why Exercise Frightens Me



What's gonna happen when they stop weight training...?


13 comments:

  1. I think it's important to have your body be recognizable as human, more specifically human male or female. That's my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, please don't ever let me look like these ladies. Moderation and balance in life = healthy body and healthy mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, yes definitly moderation in all things. Thanks for the visual. I will always remember moderation from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwaahaaahaaa! Those are awesome, Jenn!

    I, too, have known women whose weight and health habits have been a hinderance to getting pregnant. Obsession is never good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwaahaaahaaa!

    Hahahahahaha!

    Hahahahahaha!(Yes, Sue and I are related) I'm still giggling.

    It reminds me of this ominous Hershey's chocolate email I got a few weeks ago, where it warns you of the dangers of eating too much chocolate, until you get to the end, and there's a picture of fat chicks in swimsuits. Sometimes you need a good giggle, although the last pic was probably a little over the top. But I'm still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Go Photoshop some "modesty" color blobs on top of the fat chick. It's what I have to do sometimes when I post cute naked baby pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn! I LOVE IT! I have several of those exercise friends...it's hard for them to let go. It's important to let go and relax once in a while.

    In my mind I'm obsessed doing two a days looking like an Olympic Athlete...then reality sets in and I get in a nice workout and don't skip cookies every time they come my way.

    I'm proud to say that I had one very small treat at our Enrichment this week. I could have eaten a ton but I knew a taste would satisfy and not make me feel like I'm deprived.

    Moderation...a key to success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I don't have Photoshop, or else I would have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is the funniest post yet! LOVE IT! I guess I shouldn't show you all how "buff" I am getting... I am sure I'd put those girls to shame :) HA HA HA THanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just threw up a little in the back of my throat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, is that for real? I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. So funny! Thanks Jenn for the laugh! And the reminder of moderation. I need to practice that a little more.

    ReplyDelete