Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall salad for lunch




Well, since I kind of invited you, I felt like I needed to pull out the big guns and make that fall salad I mentioned earlier in the week. This salad was yummy with fancy lettuce, goat cheese, roasted butternut squash, and green lentils. It was also rather time-intensive for a busy mom lunch time treat. Still, I will use the leftover roasted butternut squash and lentils for a soup this week-end or early next week. So in a way, I've made two meals at once! {The kids had tuna fish on wheat, baby carrots, and plums for lunch. They wouldn't touch that salad with a ten foot pole.}

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm going to have to try this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is right up my ally. And your salad looks a lot better than the picture from the blog you found this from.

    I can't wait to try it!

    P.S. thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love squash so much. Putting it in a salad is new and different.

    ReplyDelete