Saturday, December 18, 2010

Point Posting Time and Christmas Musing

Congratulations for completing another three week challenge. We'll start some two week challenges in the new year.

Please post your points. Even if you only worked on this for a few days. Everyone who post any points at all will be put in the drawing for the second necklace. You have until Monday night to post points.

Healthy Wife Happy Life is in it's 10 months and has evolved as it's gone along. Thank you all for making it so successful. What I love most about this blog is that it's not only about losing weight...although may of us have been doing that or are still trying to do that. Being Healthy is not solely about a number on the scale. I love that we've been able to embrace that it's about being well rounded.

This past session my goal was to put more Christ in Christmas for my family and it's been very successful.

Being Healthy is about spirituality, mental and emotional states of mind and how well our body works. Balance is a vital aspect to life and one that often gets out of whack but we can always work on finding that balance. Finding balance requires constant adjustments, it's not stagnate.

A well rounded person is a person who can take on all sorts of challenges in life and can bounce back from being knocked down a few times.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy spending time with family and friends.

Thank you, thank you for being such great women and wonderful examples.

8 comments:

  1. 566 for me! I blew a lot of points here and there, and it was even about easy stuff, like commenting on the HWHL blog, so I hope I don't get my tail kicked too badly. But at least I held onto my goal of not wrecking the progress I've made so far. The lowest I've gotten down to has been 186 pounds, and that is exactly what I weighed yesterday morning and just now. I don't plan on being a total heathen the next few weeks. I'll probably still count calories most days, so I can keep a grip on reality. I will especially exercise because I hate days when I don't and it makes me feel sluggish. I want to be feeling good and exercise is a big part of that. But I feel a little indulgence coming on, as there are some great things to enjoy about this season. Thus, I am going to exercise after I post this comment, but then I am going to the ward Christmas breakfast. Mmmm...

    I can't tell you how important this blog has been to me, probably more than I realize most of the time. What does it do for a person to have people who are supportive, who say nice and encouraging things to you whenever you need it? I don't think that can ever be underestimated, and you guys are a critical part of my success and well-being! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Merry Christmas everyone! May you and your families have the blessings of this season and feel the love of our Savior. Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, that's awesome. My moderation earned me a measly 382. I didn't journal once. I ate a lot of ginger snaps. I exercised only twice each week. And a handful of days I probably under-ate my range given my activity level. Why the dip in numbers? A combination of crazy Christmas preparation and 12 days of gray light.

    Let's end on a positive note though: I got to spend time with the Queen, I checked off the "to dos" on my Christmas list, I made a meal for a sick friend, I shredded with Jillian, I lost a pound any way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a total loser except in weight. I gained a pound, only exercised twice a week. I NEVER eat under my calorie level Apis, even on busy days. My total is, I'm ashamed to say....345.

    Becky girl, WOW!

    I've been struggling with my exercise ever since the end of September. I hope to be able to make a huge improvement the beginning of January.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I beat all three of you! With the lowest score that is. I got a whopping 319 points. I was really off this last week and hardly did anything. I did get my bonus points though for reading my scriptures every day.
    Right now, I'm looking forward to the holiday, I will try not to go too crazy, and I think I'll try to squeeze exercise in on a majority of the days, but I'm not going to kill myself worrying about calores. I look forward to starting up again and getting REALLY serious about this after the New Year.
    In the meantime I hope you all have a beautiful and blessed Christmas and a joyous New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 291 for me (Sadly I take the prize for the lowest points). The sad thing is I would have had more had I been good and actually tracked them. I didn't get my bonus points either because my goal of having all my Christmas shopping finished by the 17th didn't happen. Oh well, time with family is more important than presents, right? On a positive note I did lose 1 pound and tried to consciously make good choices. I am looking forward to the new year and a renewed commitment. Love you gals and hope you have a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 580 for me. I hope you all have an amazing Christmas. I am so blessed to know you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 450 for little old me. I'm not complaining

    ReplyDelete