Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hello Everyone!

I've been gone for a little while. My tonsil and deviated septum surgery went well. I thought last Monday that I was back and ready to jump back into life full force. I think I over did it. I slept and slept and slept the days following my surgery. On day 10, I decided I better stop taking the narcotics because my Mom had to go home to Utah, and Chad had to go back to work, and I was needed in the world of Reality. Once I was off the pain meds, my body felt so much better, and I slowly started easing into exercise.

This week was rough though. I felt like I had the flu every day, and went back into the dr for a follow up. She said my throat was still about 5 days away from being healed, and until that happened, I would feel tired and sick.

So I rested as much as I could on Friday, Saturday and today, and hopefully tomorrow I will feel more like myself.

I've missed you guys! Rebekah, I'm so glad you're back too! Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm so glad to have the surgery behind me. Now I can't wait to get back to running and burning off all my built up energy from the past 3 weeks. There's a lot stored up!

Sorry about the rambling. I'm having a hard time putting my feelings into words...it's been an emotional ride.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you are on the mend! Get better before jumping into everything too quickly... we don't want a relapse! Hopefully you'll be back to normal very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci,
    So good to hear from you. I hope you continue to get better and quickly get back to all the physical things you are itching to do. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recovery always takes longer than you think, but it sounds like you are coming along according to plan. Be patient and kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck, sounds horrible! Glad you're starting to feel better though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Hope you get up and running soon, but don't be too hard on yourself. That's a difficult surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete