Monday, August 23, 2010

Spinach No-Bread Pizza

A few nights ago, I was short on my veggies for the day, and so I thought, "Hmmm, I want to eat spinach, but how can I jazz it up?" So, I nuked some garlic and tomatoes with the frozen chopped spinach and got this:


Then, as I was eating it, I thought, "Hey, these are basically the toppings for a great spinach pizza!" So, I added some mozzarella:

Voila! Spinach No-Bread Pizza!

Ingredients:

2-1/4 Cups frozen spinach, measure it before it's cooked, 68 calories
1 to 1-1/2 tsp. minced garlic, 4 calories
1 roma tomato, chopped, 21 calories
1.25 oz. (or 5 Tablespoons) shredded/grated mozzarella cheese, 100 calories

Total calories - 193 calories. Eat it as-is, or with whole-grain, reduced fat crackers like Triscuits, and you have a meal for about 310 calories!!

P.S. Audrey - the challenge to review your summer goals, worth 10 points, are we counting that in this session, or did that get stuck in last week's points?

3 comments: