Sunday, July 25, 2010

Recipe for faux chow mein

Faux chow mein - not too bad but definately not your chow mein from the take out place.

Frozen chicken strips
Peas
Celery
Bean sprouts
Onion
Salt to taste (I use Morton's light salt -same great taste just less sodium)
Whole wheat Ak-Mak crackers (in the fancy cracker aisle) for topping (1 cracker per serving)
1 - 2 tsp. olive oil

***You can make some to freeze so I didn't put measurments on the foods. 

----------------
Cut celery and onions.  Heat pan with olive oil.

Sautee chicken strips, peas, celery, bean sprouts, and onion until hot.

Serve with 1 Ak-Mak cracker broken into bits on top.

I don't know how many calories it is but it's way less than real chow mein.

-------------------

Let me know if you try it and if you like it.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! I am always looking for some great new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, good idea! I'll have to try it out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try this with my mom while we're at her house this week. Sounds YOOOOOOMY!

    ReplyDelete