Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Is it really ice cream?




This was posted the other day on one of my favorite blogs "Make it and Love it". Her blog is usually dedicated to crafty things but every now and then she posts some fun recipes. This recipe just happens to be in a new series she is starting and the minute I saw it I thought of all of you. This has only one ingredient and it isn't dairy. It is made from creamed frozen banana, that's it! I haven't tried it yet but I have some sliced banana freezing in the fridge so I can give it a try tomorrow. I'm hoping it will help with the after dinner sweet tooth I seem to be having lately though I think I might have to add some chocolate to mine;)

here is a link to the full post for anyone who is interested:
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/01/mini-series-with-our-best-bites-healthy.html

P.S. Did you gals read what happened to Mandi(Trainer Momma)? She was robbed this morning. So sad!

P.P.S Is the picture on this post really big for anyone else or just me? I have tried to fix it but it is the same size no matter what I do. Oh Well


**Edit Post - Fixed it for ya :) ~Chelsea

8 comments:

  1. Cammy, what an interesting recipe. I'm loving all of these recipes. I'm going to try this one too. Poor trainer momma. I jumped over to her blog to read about it. That just stinks. How's Jenn by the way? Have you seen her lately? Miss you girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the warmer months, I eat frozen bananas all the time. It is honestly like a banana popsicle (and it's a great way to salvage slightly overripe bananas if you don't want to make muffins or banana bread.) But I like that there's an actual recipe to make it even tastier.

    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an awesome idea! Although, I can't resist combining it with some nonfat yogurt and then freezing. I will try it out this morning.

    Fixing the pic - save the code for your post as a .txt file (use your Notepad program in your Windows Accessories folder or probably any word processing program), then email it to me. Audrey has my email, or it might even be in your own inbox if you've received a HWHL email from her that has a bunch of us as the receivers. It's beckyscraftroom@---. I'd put it here, but I'm a little paranoid about posting in on the internet. I'll see if I can do something with it the coding, and then email it back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy!! I'll try it out!

    P.S. I fixed the pic for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so yummy! I love sweet healthy treats! ThANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds pretty tasty but I'll be honest; I would rather have a couple spoonfulls of a banana shake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Chelsea for fixing the picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did it, despite my busy day. I made fat-free banana frozen yogurt. I posted the recipe on my recipe blog:
    http://beckyskitchencreations.blogspot.com/2011/02/banana-fat-free-frozen-yogurt-ice-cream.html

    Thanks for the inspiration, Cammy!

    ReplyDelete