Friday, February 11, 2011

Desire, Commitment, Motivation, Follow Through

These words have been swimming around in my mind for the past few days. I think that the first and the last are the most important.

Do you really want to make changes? Are you willing to do the necessary things to make those changes?

I often question my desire. I guess sometimes desire doesn't always equal passion and for someone to go head strong without wavering they have to have a passion for what they are doing. I can thinking in my mind about the workouts I'm going to do, the great meals I'm going to make. Sometimes I feel like I have a strong desire...but then my follow-through is often lacking.

You need to have desire and commitment before you can be motivated to do something hard.

Can you believe we are half way through February? Are you still as committed as you were January 1st? Are you're reasons strong enough for your to make some real changes?

Take some time to think, refocus and get ready for some follow through!
I want to...do you?

4 comments:

  1. I need more follow through in my life in more ways than 1! Being healthy is probably first on that priority list.

    I'm with ya....let's follow through!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey,
    Fantastic post! It reminded me of a saying my marching band director had in college.

    "Anything great takes time, patience, perseverance, dedication and discipline."

    I am committed and hoping I can have the follow through to really change for good. Follow through seems to be my struggle too. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Audrey! You always seem to be able to say what we need to hear. I agree, the first and last are most important, last most of all because it implies an action, and we all know that actions speak louder than anything else. This blog helps me with all 4 of these. Thanks Audrey for giving us that little push right when we need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, this is exactly my problem - I've lost that spark, that drive. I still love participating in the blog, but my drive, focus, and commitment aren't strong enough right now to push me past the weight-maintenance limbo I'm in. Is it going to take a change in the weather? I don't know. I'm having a TON of stress right now, financially, and I think that participating in the blog and trying not to wreck my 50-pound-loss are about all I'm accomplishing right now. Maybe in a month or so, when my business has reached the momentum I need it to, the stress and mental focus is going lessen some and I can redirect some of that mental energy into weight-loss again.

    ReplyDelete