Sunday, November 14, 2010

Food for Thought

I was at a baby shower and this piece of advice was given to the soon to be new Mom.

"Do something every day that can't be undone."


The gal giving the advice then went on to explain that we need to do something every day that doesn't have to be repeated. We clean, cook, etc everyday just to wake up and do it all over again the next day, but reading our child a book, finishing a sewing project, reading scriptures, sending a thank you note etc. are all things that can't be undone and allow us to feel a small piece of accomplishment.

Tomorrow do something that can't be undone and then pat yourself on the back. You are all amazing women, don't let anyone tell you differently.

6 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful. I need to put that on my wall to remind myself of the good things I've done, and can do everyday that really contribute to the well-being of my family and myself in the long run. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT idea! Thanks for the challenge :) It's hard to think of all the everyday things we do as contributing but if we DIDN'T do them it would be noticed!!! I like the challenge to do something that can't be undone... you've got me thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cammy lovely posting but I had to laugh because I feel like every day I do things that can't be undone and I would like to undone them. You know, like those days when I eat a bunch of stuff that I shouldn't have, or the days I don't get to the gym and then wish I could have a do over with the exercise done. I suppose I've been going on the glass half empty approach with the "doing something that can't be undone", I like your idea better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, Queen V I still can't stop chuckling about your comment. I didn't even think about it that way until you mentioned it and now I can't stop laughing about it. I guess we do have to be a little selective about the things we can't "undone".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some days I'm glad we can have a re-do. Like when we didn't get it right the first time we can re-do. I seem to make alot of mistakes. LOL But I also love your idea of the items that need to be done but once done are able to give a good feeling. I used to do a lot of canning and I loved seeing all the jars filled and it was something that wasn't all un-done at once like the meals, the dishes, the dirty laundry etc. Great idea. Yes v. you make me laugh. Easy to do, easy not to do. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Mama Hass: doing the undone is the flip side of the do-over. I'm grateful to have both before me every day.

    ReplyDelete