Sunday, November 14, 2010

What Is It?

Is it the cold weather? (Cold weather just makes me crave comfort food.)

Is it increased busy-ness (so many things to do!!)?

Is it the achievement of a goal, and so what's next? (I broke 200, and I'm down in the 180s, where I haven't been since I started having children. My size 16's are loose, and size 14 is probably only 1 month away.)

Is it a times-and-seasons thing? (You know, "For every thing, there is a time and a purpose under heaven...")

I'm not sure what is the reason, and maybe it's a lot of things together, but I am just so "snacky" lately. I'm counting my calories, and at the end of the day, if there's any left, I go use 'em. It used to be a challenge to see how much I could scrimp on calories. I'd be so proud that I could eat in the 2-to-3-pounds-a-week loss rate. But right now, I hardly care. I just try not to eat over my weight maintenance allowance. Is this okay? Should I just stay in this zone until the holidays are over, then hit everything hard again?

Although, I have to say, I am looking forward to Audrey's next challenge, the BIG ONE coming in the next session. My curiosity it peaked. Maybe that will give me the final push I need to get back in a more determined frame of mind.

Random Recipe:

Crustless Spinach Pizza - I don't know why, but I totally crave this every day. It's just about as easy as a sandwich, and super tasty!

2-1/2 cups chopped frozen spinach
dash of salt
1 tsp. minced garlic
3/4 to 1 oz. finely shredded parmesan (the real thing, NOT the powdery stuff in a can!)
1-1/2 to 2 oz. mozzarella cheese
1 roma tomato, chopped

Heat the spinach in the microwave. Stir in the salt and garlic. Then sprinkle on the cheeses and top with the tomatoes. Heat in the microwave until the cheeses melt. It will be hot, so you might have to let it sit for a few minutes. But I can hardly ever wait, so I eat it up hot and yummy, burning my tongue almost every time!!

4 comments:

  1. Everyone goes through ups and downs. YOU are doing so amazing!! It is so inspiring to watch you and to realize that when you are feeling this way you STILL stay within your calorie range. Keep it up girl. You seriously are AMAZING!!
    I am excited to try your yummy recipe... thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, you've worked really hard for the past several months. Wow you're in the 180s that is just so fantastic and I love reading that your size 16 clothes are getting too big. WE are all very proud of what you've accomplished. I think my suggestion would be to keep trying to lose some weight over the next 6 weeks but if the best you can do some weeks is just maintain where you are at that would be really good too. I just feel like if you take a break over the holidays you might find yourself putting weight back on and you've work too hard to let that happen. Look at your schedule for the next 6 weeks and figure out which days you can eat some of the great meals and treats that are going to be available and enjoy them. Just don't go over board, remember it's just food/fuel for the body. You can continue to do hard things, Holidays are fun, joyful and wonderful but definitely hard to get through if you're trying to lose or maintain weight. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am struggling too. It is better now that the Halloween candy is gone but I still have little to no motivation lately. Becky you are doing so awesome, keep it up. We can do hard things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A plateau is a place where you rest and gather strength, motivation and energy for a new battle ahead...you're gathering right now.

    ReplyDelete