Monday, November 15, 2010

My Nemesis


See these little puppies, they've been my nemesis for the past 6 weeks. I'm sure I've consumed at least 100 of them if not more. I had such discipline till I brought the Halloween candy into the house and then my will power collapsed. Thank goodness they're almost gone.

I read an article last week about chocolate. The hypothesis of the article was that in 20 years there is going to be a huge shortage of chocolate. I hope in 20 years if I'm still alive that maybe I won't care for chocolate anymore. In the mean time I've got to learn to ration it better because now I have to lose weight that I had already lost before I started in on these sweet yummy chocolatie mini treats. As someone said in an earlier post, "50 calories a day starts adding up and before you know it you're up a pound or two." I'm here to tell that is true.

6 comments:

  1. You pretty much summed up my last few weeks. I am so glad the Halloween candy is gone, now I just have to figure out a way to keep all the goodies out of the house throughout the next couple months. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess bringing chocolate covered pretzels didn't help much either. Keep hitting the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Chocolate shortage? I better stock up!!!! These next couple months will be tough and trying. Melissa, going to they gym is great advice. Maybe the goal through December should be to maintain all the hard work we have all done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At some point you just have to throw it out! But if there starts to be a shortage I'll make sure I'll have it in my food storage.

    Keep moving! You look FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been struggling myself. My problem is as soon as I eat a bad thing I seem to go gang busters. I have got to CHANGE my way of looking at food!!! Dark chocolate is a big one for me!
    Lets just keep moving forward right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes. It's a good thing the Halloween candy is gone (although there's a little bowl of it banished in the garage.) If there was chocolate around, I'd probably eat 1000 a day! Forget the consequences of an extra 50 calories a day, I'd be facing major weight gain if I had easy, convenient chocolate to battle with!!

    ReplyDelete