It's all about the peanut butter, and of course, the overwhelming convenience.
Man, it's just one of those days today. I was up late last night, until midnight, catching up my eBay paperwork and email, and then catching up my Battle blog. Then the baby woke up at 3:30am (his teenage brother put him to bed when I was at book club, but he forgot to check the diaper,) and then again at 6:00am. He's just an early riser, usually getting up bright-eye-and-bushy-tailed at 5 to 5:30 am every day. It's totally annoying. I LOVE to stay up after I get all the kids in bed. It's my private time, my time to unwind and revel in the complete silence, knowing no one is going to need anything for at least another eight hours. It's hard to give up that time, so I can get enough sleep. But I'm trying harder.
Anyway, I was just dragging my tail this morning, catching little catnaps in between all the kids' needs, and my brain has been mush all day. I've powered through, making myself go through the neglected stack of mail, but also wasting too much time on the computer. When I get tired, but I still have to stay awake for the kids, I get really snacky. I tried to make healthy snack choices today, and I still came in under my weight maintenance level, but it was so hard. Things I thought about eating, but didn't:
1. Cereal all day, especially the heavily sugared, low-nutrition kind.
2. The whole box of ice cream sandwiches (I only ate one)
3. A whole box of Austin sandwich crackers (I know, they are not much of an improvement over cardboard, but I find them so addictive anyway!) It's 190 calories for a little pack of 6 sandwich crackers, and a whole box has 12 packs. That's 2280 calories. Yikes!!!
4. Nearly any box of ice cream. It's all good.
5. Donuts, cookies, cake, etc. If there'd been Georgetown Cupcakes in the house, I would have eaten every one of them.
6. Chips and salsa, and really, any kind of Mexican food.
7. Any pasta.
8. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. I was at Wal-Mart today working my way through my shopping list and I bought a bag of Snickers for Zen because he wanted a snack bag of chocolate for working out in the oil field. I didn't eat one, nope not one, but you can bet I thought about it.
9. An extra helping of curry for dinner.
10. Two or three BIG bowls of the Peach Crisp plus ice cream (see my blog.)
See, I'm even too tired to remember everything I wanted to eat today. So, I'm getting myself in bed, which is another way of hitting the reset button on your brain. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.