Sunday, August 8, 2010

I love my gadgets!

I love kitchen gadgets. I'll buy about anything that may make my life easier or help me make yummy food that I want to add into my repertoire.

So I had a couple of recipes that I wanted to try out and did but they didn't work as well as I wanted. I needed a grill pan. There are just times you need to grill inside and of course I NEEDED IT. So I purchased this grill pan. I love it because it's cast iron but already seasoned. Clean up is pretty easy. My favorite thing to do is cut lots of vegetables lengthwise, toss with olive oil and salt and grill. Then i put my bread, I've been using a Ciabatta baguettes, on the grill to toast it, spread a little pesto on it and fill it up with the veggies! YUMMY! And I get more than my quota of veggies for the day.


My kids even loved this new favorite.

TUNA with FRUIT SALSA
Two Peaches
4 Tuna Steaks (5 to 6 ounces each)
Apricot Preserve
1/2 cup Fresh Raspberries
Cider Vinegar

Halve and pit two ripe peaches and lightly brush the peach halves and the tuna steaks with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Cook tuna and peaches in skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
Remove peaches; set aside to cool.

Turn tuna and cook 6 to 7 additional minutes. Remove and cover to keep warm.

Coarsly chop peaches.
Heat 2 Tablespoons of Apricot Preserves for 15 seconds in the microwave.
Stir in 1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar. Toss with chopped peaches and raspberries.

Serve with tuna.

Can be served with diagonal sliced green onions as a garnish.

Next time I make this I'll take a picture.

4 comments:

  1. Great recipes Audrey.

    I'm sure everyone will want to know what kind and where you got your grill pans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love kitchen gadgets. I went 17 years in my marriage without a salad spinner. How did I ever get by without one?! Those recipes sound delish! I'll have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've been wanting a salad spinner forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything with grilled peaches. We should look into one of those gadgets for our grill too!

    ReplyDelete