Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Final Countdown

My it has been quiet the last few days on here. I guess everyone is busy with last minute vacations and plans before school starts. Speaking of school starting there are less than two weeks before school starts here. I don't know about the rest of you but this summer seemed to fly by insanely fast. So fast in fact that my 5k kind of snuck up on me. I just registered today, and not a moment too soon either since it is this Saturday!

I am feeling pretty excited and mostly prepared but I just thought I would get some advice from the experts seeing as so many of you have done some racing recently. (honestly, I haven't run in a 5K race since high school so any words of wisdom would be welcome.)

My goal for this race is to run/jog the whole thing and I feel confident that I will be able to do just that even with the hilly terrain. I have my running shoes laced up and ready to go.

Am I a Runner? I think so.

6 comments:

  1. Seeing that I walked/ran my first 5K just last month, I probably don't have the ultimate advice. But I'll tell you one thing: I exercise better, and more consistently, when I have my MP3 with me. Some rockin' jams really keep my feet and body moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Cammy!! Can't wait to hear about the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a runner!

    When will you be running your 5K?

    Summer, what summer? I guess it is still summer here because it was 98 again here yesterday with high humidity. This summer has gone by at super warp speed according to me and several other people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cammy!! Way to go! You're awesome! Is Jenn running with you? You'll do great! I wish I could be there at the finish line to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Queen V. - The race is in 2 days (Saturday the 14th). Every time I think about it I go though a range of emotions from excited, to anxious, to nervous.

    Marci - Yep, Jenn and I are doing this one together. Some of my sisters talked about joining us but they all petered out so it's just us two. We'll let you know how it goes and I will post a picture or two for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to be amazing! I can't wait to hear all about it!!! Just let yourself enjoy every minute, give the kids a high five as you pass. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete