Monday, March 28, 2011

Water


I feel like I am the only one who hasn't added water as my goal, so here I am joining the ranks. I love it and hate it at the same time. I do feel so much better when I drink my water but I really hate the frequent trips to the bathroom.

As for this past week, I feel really good about how I did with my goals and I am hoping to finish out the challenge strong. I think my 10 lb goal has helped a lot because I know I have to be good if I am going to be anywhere close.

One problem I am having though is I feel like when I focus on my health everything else goes crazy. I get my workouts in and I am getting more sleep at night but my house is in shambles and I haven't done laundry in who knows how long etc. Does anyone else struggle with this? I realize having little ones at home is not helping my situation but I feel this constant battle between order and organization and my health. It's like no matter what I do I am struggling to stay afloat. I guess it will just take time to figure out how to make everything work together, right?

4 comments:

  1. I think it's safe to say that one of the biggest challenges in a woman's life is finding a way to BALANCE life!!
    A few years ago I was crying to my sister about not being able to give more attention to my older kids with having a sick child. She looked at me and said "STOP guilting yourself! I got over that a long time ago. You have to let some things go at times but just know that you WILL be able to get to them later." It helped me realize that there are different times in our lives when we need to focus on different things.
    I am working on this myself of course but trying to remind myself to focus on the people in my life (including myself) and putting them BEFORE all the THINGS in my life... it's OK if everything isn't in order in the house... my husband has to help me remember this one daily :)

    Good luck! You are putting your health first which means you will be a better mom, wife, friend and person! Keep up the good work and be proud of what you are accomplishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drink up Cammy, I agree with Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I do the same thing. I'm no multi-tasker, and I can only focus on one thing at a time. Unfortunately, that means most things in my life get a half-(youknowwhat) effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping my house orderly is one of my biggest challenges. It consumes my thoughts all the time, it fills me with guilt and it prevents me from going out and doing things because I feel like I have no right leaving my house in such a miserable state. And yet, I lack the drive to just pound away at it everyday. I wish I were one of those obsessive compulsive women who couldn't go to bed until the house is clean, but when I hit my limit at night no amount of dirty dishes or clutter will keep me from seeking refuge in my bed.

    Not much of a pep-talk, just wanted you to know you're not alone! I try to remind myself that if I'm not going to clean, I should at least go read a book to my kids so at least they feel loved even though they have to live in chaos!

    ReplyDelete