Friday, April 1, 2011

Hey Happy Wives!

You pick which one you are! lol
Sorry I have been a little off the radar this past week!  I've been entrenched in life's little surprises...but things are looking better now.  Jake got blood and platelets today and has some color to his skin again.  YaY!  This is my "feel good" blog, so I am going to tell you all the awesome stuff!

Biggest Loser Update:  First weigh in today...down 6 lbs!  My goal was to be past my plateau/impasse that has plagued me for so many years.  I accomplished that goal today!!!! (Even with 2 b-day cookies and 2 trips to the hospital this week)  I'm so happy!!! (happy dance!)  I know I can do this!

Here is the "skinny" on what I learned about nutrition:  Weight loss (for those trying to do this) is 80% nutrition.  Sugar is bad!  And to metabolize the fat, we need to eat more protein.  She has us on protein shakes...and to tell you the truth, I just wasn't hungry after drinking 18 oz. of that stuff a day!  My body is still adjusting to the change of eating that I have programmed it to do for the last 50 years.  I believe the weight will drop off faster when it does adjust.  My percentage of fat has gone down and I have been off sugar long enough, I don't crave it anymore!  I have to be careful about eating when I'm bored...usually before or after dinner.

I'm having a birthday this Sunday!  I'm not sure what to serve for b-day cake.  One of my cute friends brought me a plate of my favorite...snickerdoodles!  I put them in a Ziplock and hid them in my drawer.  Maybe I should hide them in the freezer...less tempting if they are frozen!  Yes, I'm going to have one every once in a while...it will be my punishment if I exercise too much or don't eat enough calories! Ha!

I'm trying to decide if I want to do a 5K next weekend.  I have no doubt I can do it, the Utah weather is so unpredictable in April.  I know you runner girls think nothing of a 5K, but hey, I just started, marathon mamas! (you're too awesome for me!)  Maybe I think about a 10K, but then, maybe not.  Running is not my thing (right now).  I do like the way you feel after running up a hill or after a short, fast paced run.  It's very invigorating!

Well this is a long enough post.  Life might be hard, but it's good!
Love you guys!

5 comments:

  1. Rose,
    Congrats on the 6lbs and getting past that plateau, that is AWESOME!!! I have had a crazy week too with two birthdays (so hard on the diet) and teaching preschool. As I told Jenn, try the couch to 5k program, it is great for beginning runners and do the 5K next weekend. Even if the weather is bad you will have a blast. There is something to race day adrenaline. Let us know what you decide and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo Rose, good for you breaking that plateau and dropping 6 lbs! I say do the 5K, you'll have fun and feel like you're on the way to being a no kidding serious runner. Happy that your Jake was able to get the blood and platelets that he needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Rose! I really appreciate you sharing your nutritious wisdom with us. :) I especailly like you last sentence of your post. "Life might be hard, but it is good!" Your positive outlook amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My knee is causing me great pain and affliction to run next weekend, but I'm definitely going to do a 5K in May!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Rose on the 6 lbs. no sugar, and Jakes feeling a bit better!! You are doing amazing!! I am sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it heels quickly!

    ReplyDelete