Thursday, May 13, 2010

2 Months-13 pounds-2 Sizes

It's been nearly two weeks since I started writing this post. I was really excited to share some good news, but after the first day I just fell into a funk and I've had a hard time getting inspired to write. My days are mostly full of exercising (or not), washing dishes, doing laundry, counting calories, sweeping up messes, cooking healthy meals, jockeying for computer time with my kids (no TV at our house) and taking naps. Not only have I been feeling more tired, sleep is an easy escape for me, one that tempts me on a daily basis.

Finances continue to be a huge stress. I did have a talk with my hubby after I wrote that post whining about his job status. Unbeknownst to me, he has been calling and trying to find work at other law firms for months, but no one has work right now. He assures me that passing the patent bar exam is not the Golden Ticket that I think it is. The problem is just the downturn in the economy. I'm trying to be patient, but some days the anxiety is more than I can face, so I sleep.

The lousy weather hasn't helped my mood much, either. I was really enjoying exercising outside, then it started raining and snowing and hasn't stopped for two weeks. I think I must have been a solar panel in a past life just like Melissa. Today I was finally able to get out with the little ones in the bike trailer and that seemed to perk me up some. I've also decided that I need to get more involved in the community, so I signed up to help with some school stuff and I volunteered to coach T-Ball in June. I know absolutely zero about baseball, but they were desperate for coaches and assured me that all I have to do is set the kids up in front of the T and let 'em go at it. I'll coach Amelia's team so she's super excited.

Ok, everybody ready to dance a jig with me?

About two weeks ago, after deciding that my size 10 jeans were getting pretty loose, I dared to open my bucket of "skinny" clothes. I tried on a pair of 8's and SUHHHHH-WEET! They totally fit! I kept trying on more until the stack of pants, capri's and shorts had grown to 15 pair!


I was so excited, saying to the girls, "Check it out, I can wear an 8!" They came into my room and watched me try on all the pants. Once, as I admired my rear in the mirror, I said, "My butt is totally cute in these pants!" Lily was like, "Mama!" Maybe I shouldn't be encouraging my girls to examine what their butt looks like in a pair of jeans... In addition to the sensational feeling of fitting into smaller pants, there's the totally awesome fact that I have at least tripled my wardrobe!


On the right is 5 pairs of size 12 pants, which I was wearing when I started this challenge at the beginning of March. In the middle there's just two pairs of size 10 jeans. For some reason I didn't have much in the size 10 category so I've been pretty limited. But now, oh baby, I have options!

One of the things I came across was a pair of capri workout pants. I stored them away last Spring after I realized I really had no business wearing them in public since they were so tight my panty line was cutting into my butt cheeks and bulging out for all to see.

April 23, 2009

Now I have a little room to spare in the thighs and the rearview is no longer as offensive.

May 3, 2010

Much to Lily's annoyance, I made her take a picture of me modeling my size 8 pants:


When I started this challenge my goal was to go from a size 12 to a size 8. I really didn't expect to get there this soon. And I didn't expect to reach a size 8 and still feel like I have a long way to go. I feel like I'm finally living a healthy lifestyle, and that feels awesome, but now I want to shift my focus from losing pounds to losing inches and getting toned. I have some new goals and I'm doing new things with my fitness. I'll share all about my new direction in my next post.

I love how this blog is helping me reach my goals, become a healthier woman and move forward with new goals. There is no finish line, just a continual journey. I'm glad to share it with all of you!

6 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration!! Awesome job!! Thanks so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, my dear you look fabulous....or as the Brits say fabulous dulling.

    I second Chelsea's inspiration comment, you are that and more. Can't wait to see the pics as you continue to to tone up that bod of yours.

    I know you've worked hard and your success shows your well earned results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, you look absolutely fabulous! I love the post, and I love to see people reaching their goals. This is definitly something to celebrate. (Not with food of course) You are awesome, and I can't wait to hear about the workouts you are doing. I am always anxious to hear about new exercise ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who rocks the house?
    SUE rocks the house!
    And when she rocks the house she rocks it in a size 8!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO proud of you and WOW you DO look AWESOME!!! Way to go girl :) You are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just gushing with pride...wishing I'd sent a size 8 package...gushing with pride... admiring your cute figure...gushing with pride.

    Love the pics of the stacks of pants. Looks like size 8 wins the gold!

    Here's hoping for more sunny, energized days and fewer gray, sleepy ones ahead.

    ReplyDelete